For Battery Gels
Gelling / Thickening of sulphuric acid for accumulators with XYSIL Fumed Silica. XYSIL Fumed Silica is used in special lead-acid batteries to gel the electrolyte (i.e. very strong thickening).
- Significant increase of accumulator’s service life by prevention of acid stratification even at deep discharge
- Improvement of resistance to extreme temperatures, shock, and vibration
- Leak proof battery even if not mounted in an upright position
Gel batteries made with Xysil fumed silica require no maintenance with respect to watering and can be used as deep-cycle batteries. These properties make them an excellent choice for applications like forklifts, boats, storage of green energy, and back-up power supply like alarm systems and telecommunication.
Effects: Thickening, thixotropy, gel formation
For Lithium-Ion Batteries
Li-ion battery technology offers distinct advantages over other batteries especially their excellent energy-to-weight ratio and low self-discharge rate.
- Increase in battery capacity and rate capability
- Improvement of battery efficiency at lower working temperatures
- Increase in battery life time
Effect: Thermal stability, Mechanical strength, Electrolyte wettability